EoZTV in Israel: Interview with Nobel Prize winner Yisrael Aumann (part 1)

Ever since Yisrael (Robert) Aumann won the Nobel Prize in Economics for his pioneering work in game theory, I've wanted to ask him whether game theory can accommodate irrational actors such as Israel's enemies.

I got my chance as I met him in his office at Hebrew University on Tuesday.

His answer to me was that the question itself was wrong - Israel's enemies, and even suicide bombers, are rational, and the goals that they are pursuing are important to understand if we are going to come up with a good strategy against them.






We have lots of ideas, but we need more resources to be even more effective. Please donate today to help get the message out and to help defend Israel.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment